SRC Hosts 10th Annual Risk Management and Business Planning for Design and Construction Professionals
On April 10th, SRC hosted the 10th annual Risk Management Seminar for Design and Construction Professionals at McDonald’s Hamburger University in Oak Brook, Illinois.
With more than 150 architects, engineers and other design and construction professionals in attendance, the half-day event provided industry stakeholders with valuable information about the latest legal issues in the field of construction and design.
The seminar was organized and moderated by Jeffrey T. Kubes, SRC shareholder and member of the Board of Directors, and included presentations from several SRC attorneys:
- Jack George, a shareholder at SRC, discussed the benefits and responsibilities of hiring a zoning lawyer
- John P. O’Malley (shareholder), Melissa Roberts, Sue Harker and Anthony Carolei presented a roundtable discussion concerning insurance issues including purchasing errors and omissions insurance, contractual issues in mitigating risk, and claims and litigation consent to settle
- Shareholder Eric Marshall addressed considerations in choosing the right form of business entity
- Clare J. Quish, a partner at SRC, explained several types of contract provisions to limit liability
- Michael Braun and Thomas Draths, both shareholders at SRC, spoke about employment issues when competitors are involved
The seminar was approved by the AIA and ALA for (4) learning units for architects. Engineers were able to self-certify for (4) professional development hours, based on ASCE and SEAOI guidelines.
Many thanks to all who helped make this year’s event an unqualified success.
Browse Our Attorneys
Find an attorney to meet your needs.